Veterans Services


Our new office is located at:

226 E Michigan Avenue

Paw Paw, MI  49079

Grand Opening

We are honored to have officially hosted the Grand Opening of the “New” Veterans Services Office for Van Buren County Veterans Services.  This has been an ongoing effort with unanimous approval from the Van Buren County Board of Commissioners, Administration, and assistance from the entire community. The building is located at 226 E. Michigan Ave, Paw Paw, Michigan.  It is the Old Time Capsule Museum located in the heart of downtown Paw Paw.  The building offers single level entry for disabled veterans/families.  It has a common area where veterans can sit down and network.  We also have a computer center for veterans to use helpful sites like “, Ebenefits, and My Healthy.Vet.” along with additional Veteran Affairs sites.   The computer room also gives the veteran the ability to conduct TeleHealth appointments, and Zoom in for VA Appeals Court.  This saves the Veteran time and expenses when conducting these appointments.

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5

Van Buren County proudly introduces our Veterans Services team:  David Krzycki - Veterans Services Director, Dennis Urquhart - Veterans Services Officer, and Brenna Murphy - Veterans Services Officer. David, Dennis, and Brenna are working hard to expand our services and outreach programs for the Veterans Services Department and all of the Veterans within Van Buren County.Veterans Services - 2023 PhotoLeft: Dennis Urquhart, VSO - Right: David Krzycki, VSD - Middle: Brenna Murphy VSO

For best service, appointments are recommended


Veterans can receive information and counseling about benefits to which they may be entitled. These may include but are not limited to: health care, disability compensation, burial benefits, or emergency relief grants through the Soldiers & Sailors Relief Commission.


  • Burial Benefits
  • Disability Benefits
  • Emergency Relief Funds
  • General information about an individual's eligibility for VA benefits
  • Home loan guarantee certificates of eligibility
  • Michigan laws pertaining to disabled Veterans
  • Survivors / Dependents' benefits
  • VA health care enrollment

For a list of required documents click on the appropriate service below:

  1. Aid and Attendance

The following are the required documents you need to bring with you

  • DD214
  • Marriage License
  • Bank Statement (to show ALL assets: accounts, IRAs, stocks, etc.)
  • Social Security Statement (must include all income and asset information)
  • Pension Statement (must include all income and asset information)
  • Itemized Receipt
  • Voided check / account information (account and routing numbers)
  • 21-2680 Housebound Status Information
  1. Burial Assistance
  1. Compensation
  1. Dependents Indemnity Compensation
  1. Emergency Relief
  1. Marker Installation
  1. Pension
  1. Survivors Pension

Informational Websites and Flyers