Board of Commissioners
The Board of Commissioners are an elected legislative body of the County. There are seven (7) Commissioners elected from each of the County's districts. Following the decennial census, an apportionment commission meets and reapportions the County into districts of approximately the same population size.
The Board of Commissioners meets twice per month to take action on agenda items. Their primary job is to adopt an annual budget, policies, and ordinances to govern the County and its activities.
To summarize the changes that began on 4/12/2022:
- Sub-Committee meetings have been eliminated.
- Committee of the Whole (COW) meetings will start at 1:00 p.m., the Board of Commissioners (BOC) meetings will start immediately after the COW meeting.
- All agenda items must start at Committee of the Whole (COW) unless it is an emergency / expedited request scenario. Once approved at COW, it will be placed on the BOC agenda two weeks later for final approval.
- Emergency / Expedited items will be placed directly on the BOC agenda.
- Board meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month.
- The deadline to submit items for a board meeting is 12:00 p.m. on the Tuesday that is one week before the next board meeting.
The public may attend Board Meetings by any of the following ways:
- 2023-7 Monthly BOC Activity Report.pdf
- 2023-5 Monthly BOC Activity Report.pdf
- 2023-4 Monthly BOC Activity Report.pdf
- 2023-3 Monthly BOC Activity Report.pdf
- 2023-2 Monthly BOC Activity Report.pdf
- 2023-1- Monthly BOC Activity Report.pdf
- 2022 Annual Activity Report .pdf
- 2022-01 - Monthly BOC Activity (PDF)
- 2022-02 - Monthly BOC Activity (PDF)
Please see below to view the Community Park, Recreation, Open Space, and Greenway Plan 2021 - 2026 Read on...