The Van Buren County Jail is an Adult Correctional Facility located in Paw Paw, Michigan with a capacity of 213 inmates. It is governed by the Administrative Rules for Jails by the Michigan Department of Corrections.
To provide the public with a safe, humane and secure environment with professional team oriented staff working to reduce the rate of recidivism while respecting the rights and dignity of all.
Alternative Work Program (AWP)
The Alternative Work Program is in its 29th year of serving Van Buren County communities and governmental units. In addition to providing needed services to Van Buren residents, the AWP provides another method to reduce the jail population.
Court Transport Officers
The Van Buren County Sheriff's Office has 1 full time Corrections/Court Transport Officer and 1 full time Court Deputy whom provide service to the Corrections Division and the courts. The officers ensure the appearance inmates for their scheduled court proceedings.
Inmate Programs & Services
- AA counseling
- Adult basic education and GED services
- Alternative work programs
- Medical services
- Mental Health services
- Michigan Crime Victim Notification Network: The Michigan Crime Victim Notification Network is a service through which victims of a crime can use the telephone or internet to search for information regarding their offender's custody status. Victims can also register to receive telephone and email notification when the offender's custody status changes. This service is brought to you by the Michigan Department of Community Health, Crime Victim Services Commission. Contact the Michigan Crime Victim Notification Network at 800-770-7657.
- Religious Services and studies
- Securus Flyer - EnglishSubstance abuse programs
- Weekend Alternative work programs
- Work Release program (must be approved and ordered by court)
Inmate Phone System & Tablet Video Visitation Information
Set up a calling account today:
- Go to: www.securustech.net
- Call 1-800-844-6591 to set up an account through our automated phone system or speak to a Securus Customer Care Representative