The Juvenile Division of the Family Court handles various types of cases, including:
- Juvenile Delinquency - offenses committed by youth under 17 years of age.
- Status Offenses - offenses committed by youth under 17 years of age that are not illegal for an adult (i.e. incorrigibility, runaway, truancy)
- Neglect/Abuse - cases involving Child Protective Services and the neglect and/or abuse of children under 18 years of age
- Juvenile Guardianships - guardianship resulting from a neglect/abuse case
- Adoptions - step parent, adult, related direct placement, guardians
Resources & Help
- Anger Group Flyer (PDF)
- Language Access Coordinator (PDF)
- Language Access Plan (PDF)
- Michigan Alliance for Families (information, support, and education)
- Van Buren Community Mental Health Resources (PDF)
- Van Buren County Domestic Violence Coalition
- Van Buren Great Start Parent Coalition - Early Childhood May Newsletter
- Van Buren Intermediate School Adult Education Program
Adoption & Foster Care
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Foster Care Training
- Post Adoption Resource Center
Detention / Residential Centers
For Attorney Information
Michigan State Court Forms
- Exact Cash, Money Order, Check (made out to Juvenile Court) and credit/debit cards.
- Pay credit/debit online (need case Number and pay location code of 5250).
- Pay credit/debit by phone at 888-604-7888 (need case Number and pay location code of 5250).
- Mail to:
36th Circuit Court Juvenile Division
Attn: Finance Department
212 Paw Paw Street
Paw Paw, MI 49079