The Van Buren / Cass District Board of Health provides the technical and political leadership and oversight in the conducting of the complex operations of the department while always working within the framework of policies and procedures established by the governing entity, i.e., the Van Buren County and Cass County Boards of Commissioners.
- The Van Buren County Board of Commissioners shall appoint four (4) members to the District Board of Health.
- The Cass county Board of Commissioners shall appoint three (3) members.
- In accord with state law at least two of the members appointed by the respective Boards of Commissioners shall be members of the Board of Commissioners.
- Board of Commissioners representatives shall serve a one (1) year term on the District Health Board and may be reappointed as long as they remain a member of the Board of Commissioners. General public representatives shall serve a three (3) year term.
The board will meet at any one location for their regular monthly meeting. The locations are:
- Van Buren County Public Health Department
260 South Street
Lawrence, MI 49064
- Cass County Public Health Department
302 South Front Street - Upper Level
Dowagiac, MI 49047
2022 Meeting Schedule (PDF)
|Dwight "Skip Dyes||Chairperson - Cass County Commissioner||12/31/2022|
|Donald Hanson||Vice-Chairperson - Van Buren County Commissioner||12/31/2022|
|Vicki Vaughn||Member at Large - Cass County||12/31/2022|
|Dr. Vincent Cabras||Member at Large - Van Buren County||12/31/2024|
|Robert Linderman||Member at Large - Van Buren County||12/31/2024|
|Roseann Marchetti||Cass County Commissioner||12/31/2022|
|Randall Peat||Van Buren County Commissioner||12/31/2022|